The damage of lead
Lead, at certain contact degrees, is a poisonous substance to animals, including humans. It damages the nervous system and causes brain disorders. Excessive lead also causes blood disorders in mammals. Like the element mercury, another heavy metal, lead is a neurotoxin that accumulates both in soft tissues and the bones. Lead poisoning has been documented from ancient Rome, ancient Greece, and ancient China.
Origin of lead-free soldering
Due to the requirement of environmental protection, especially ISO14000 launched, many countries began to legislate to forbid leaded material in solder. EU: RoHS law: apply from 2006.07.01, restrict the material of electronic products. USA: TRI law: restrict to use lead As time goes by, I think more relevant laws will be launched. Under such situation, lead-free solder was produced, the main contents of lead-free solder are Sn, Ag & Cu.
Leaded Solder V.S. Lead-free Solder
1. Different Composition The main composition of lead solder wire is Sn & Pb; The main composition of lead-free solder wire is Sn, Ag & Cu. 2. Melting Point & Soldering Temperature
|Solder Wire||Melting Point||Soldering Temperature|
|63% Sn / 37% Pb||183°C||350°C|
|96.5% Sn/3.0% Ag/0.5%Cu||220°C||390°C|
Influence of Lead-free Solder
(Take 936 soldering station as the example)
|Solder Wire||Melting Point||Soldering Temperature||Soldering Speed|
|63% Sn / 37% Pb||183°C||350°C||4s each|
|96.5% Sn/3.0% Ag/0.5%Cu||220°C||390°C||6s each|
- The soldered dots are oxidized seriously, affects the conduct performance;
- Soldered dots are easy to drop;
- Soldered dots are lackluster;
- The productivity decreases;
- As the temperature raised, the soldering tip‘s life become shorter;
- The production cost increases.
Simply raising the temperature of a soldering iron because of the high melting point may result in faster oxidation and erosion. The problems with lead-free solder can be solved by using products which offer special characteristics.
Soldering Iron: HAKKO FM-203, HAKKO FM-206, HAKKO FX-838, HAKKO FX-888D, HAKKO FX-950, HAKKO FX-951, HAKKO FM-2026
- Increases the power of soldering iron
- Accurate temperature control and excellent thermal recovery rate
Representative Products: MX500, SP200
- Increase the power of soldering station, from 60W to 100W
- Improve the thermal performance of soldering iron
Representative Products: WS81, WSD81
- Increase the power from 50W to 80W
- Improve the thermal performance of soldering iron: change the thermal material, replace common metal to precious metal.
- The users don’t need to pay extra money to buy more expensive soldering tips.
When using the soldering station, is it necessary to use nitrogen protection and preheat the soldering station? ———————————————————– The replacement soldering tips are the essential items of hand soldering, to buy quality soldering tips at low cost, please contact us.
Leave a Reply